what's funny is when you edit a technical paper for your super smart dad, and he sends you the following email back:
Thanks a lot Julia!why is this funny, you ask?
I've had a look at the first stuff you sent earlier and I'm more than happy with your suggestions/editing. Some of the words like frontend and backend are accepted in the industry without the dashes, so I'll pick and choose what to change and what not to - but most of your editing will be incorporated.
I'll do all the adjusting this evening and get the paper submitted - too much other stuff to do during the day.
Thanks again - you should do this type of work independently! I'm quite impressed.
Do you want a full copy of the paper?
Love.
Dad.
mostly because i do do this type of work. i'm a technical writer, for the love of god.
let's give my sweet well-meaning dad the benefit of the doubt. he might think i'm so important and so good at my job that i have a peon editor working underneath me doing the grunt proof-reading work.
No comments:
Post a Comment