This weekend, we went to the most beautiful and amazing wedding ever. Well, since our own wedding, of course. It was at a small outdoor chapel at a beautiful church camp in the mountains outside of San Diego. Everytime I go to this camp, I declare to myself and everyone in the vicinity that someday, somehow, I will live there and work there and have THE BEST LIFE EVER and then I get sad knowing how out of reach that possibility is. (I had to have known that going to a gorgeous granola wedding there wouldn't help me any.)
But just think... Erik would do some sort of environmental education program at the camp, I'd help maintain the huge organic garden, and both of us would teach/lead the campers and take them on hikes or sing songs for them and clean kitchens and bathrooms and have fabulous wine-soaked meals with the other camp staff and raise our children surrounded by God's beautiful creation.
But until then, I'm just going to write these posts from our suburban condo. Compromising times, compromising times.
A few digicam snapshots from the wedding:
Sweet Erik sitting on the pews before the ceremony began. And that's my sweet guitar sitting on the dirt.
Gilded hiking boot centerpieces:
Feet:
The camp staff came down to the wedding and led all the guests in some different kinds of international folk dancing. Here's my dorky husband and friend Greg after a little country diddy. Yes, Erik kept his thumbs in his belt loops THE ENTIRE DANCE.
Here's what I think of Corona (and you're lucky I'm not posting the picture taken momentarily before this with me at a CHURCH CAMP not only holding Corona in one hand and a glass of wine in the other, but also with ridiculous cleavage).
Over-lit roses:
Power:
Greg driving away, in the most ridiculously fabulous (and polluting) car ever, complete with a guitar case hanging out and an Apple sticker on the windshield:
There isn't much better than being in the beautiful Southern California mountains, enjoying the nuptials of two amazing people, drinking, folk dancing, and dreaming about the perfect life.
No comments:
Post a Comment