Last night, on our ascent through the dense fog ensheathing Iron Mountain, John and I were joking about the usual things like mountain lions and bad guys, but also something new: mountaineering accidents.
"I'd have to go on local news and stuff."And that conversation, my friends, fully warmed my heart. Call me needy, but it really makes my world go round to know that I'm somebody's "best" something. Even if involves a plot to kill me.
"Yeah, it could be your big break."
"She thought it was just a muscle cramp. But I just knew her leg was actually broken. I knew she'd never make it out alive, so I had to leave her out there. It was so hard." [TM Jon Krakauer and/or Joe Simpson, etc.]
"Now would be a good time to shed a tear for the camera - maybe choke up a little."
"*tear.* I lost my best hiking buddy out there. But I think I'll pull through."
No comments:
Post a Comment