It's rude to circle.
Ollie has recently started doing this little pointing thing, which is adorable. It's really stepped up the interaction and I've slipped into this narration mode now that I'm realizing that he is totally tuned in (scary). Totally melts my heart. Except, it's not quite pointing. In fact, it's like the opposite of pointing. He'll take his little index finger and tuck it under his thumb to make a little circle, and then his remaining fingers will sort of flounce upwards. He's kind of making the not-universal-at-all sign for "a-ok!"
I probably don't need to spell it out for you: it's adorable.
Today, after he woke up from sleeping in the car, I got him out of his seat right as a guy walked by on a stroll. Ollie's little circle hand jutted out into the air in the direction of the man, and Ollie grinned with his little post-nap rosy cheeks thing. Oh, the cuteness. We went for a walk shortly thereafter, and he was going a little crazy trying to point (circle) all the birds flying by. I don't think he's really ever noticed birds until today.
And while I'm bragging, I swear I'm not making this up, but today we were playing on our bed, and he pointed (circled) to a space heater I have on a nearby nightstand. I looked at him and said "fan?" mistakenly. I don't know why. We've never used it as a fan, just a heater, and the only word Ollie has probably associated with it is "hot!". Anyway, Mr. Einstein then twists his little body around to point (circle) up at the CEILING FAN. Sure, he could have just been randomly surveying objects of his affection in the room, but I'm partial to the fact that he was all, "No no no, silly mother, that's the heater. THIS is the fan."
No comments:
Post a Comment