8.13.2008

Of all the major things I could update you on...

Of all the major things I could update you on...

...I'm going to pick this one. I just watched Season 1 Episode 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer ("Welcome to the Hellmouth"). Nelwyn, Adjunct Professor of Buffyology, very generously loaned me her director's cut ("chosen") box set, and by my crude calculations, if we average one episode per night, it's going to take us approximately 5.21 months to plow through it all.

But, I love it so. We're about to watch Episode 2 ("The Harvest") and I just had a dorky little idea of posting my favorite parts of every episode I watch, even if it's just one line at the end of a normal blog post.

So my "Welcome to the Hellmouth" favorite was definitely when the body fell out of the locker onto Cordelia's friend, mere seconds after they were bantering back and forth with "Pos!" and "Neg!" and maybe even a "Neg-ly!" Ah, 90s television at it's best.

One day I will fess up why I happened to start watching Buffy now, in 2008, at the ripe old age of almost-29 (okay fine, I'll fess up now. TWILIGHT is why. Eyeroll.) And another day I'll tell you about how I have two chapters written (very, very roughly) of a story (using the word "novel" makes me cringe). And yet another day maybe I'll write about England and show some pretty green and rainy pictures with Ollie in them.

Until then, I will sum up the last week and a half of my life with one word: VAMP. At least Buffy's vampires aren't sparkly.

No comments: