7.08.2004
Debatably interesting facts about my week so far.
Debatably interesting facts about my week so far.
I'm eating chocolate chips for breakfast. Really. I decided to forgo the filler space/time-wasting nuts and berries of trail mix and just cut to the chase with a tupperware of dark chocolate chips. I also forgot breakfast, so it's just me and my tub of chocolate.
There are apparently rumors going around the workplace about me and Joel. You know, my ex-work-boyfriend. We don't even hang out in the office by ourselves, so I'm not really sure where these rumors come from. Well, there was the secret, hilarious-but-understandably-hushed plotting in the engineering break room as we devised a work-week number based timeline (and bet) on when two other coworkers would hook up and reveal their secret love. Maybe the cracking up and whispering about "so, what counts as a quote/unquote hook up, kissing? shacking up?", etc., was a bad idea.
Last night we finally saw Amelie. I am so in love with that movie. So in love.
My lettuce died. In fact, it was murdered by a smug bitch of a neon-green caterpillar. Sad times.
Our little vacation to Cambria was only one thing short of perfect: it was too short. And also the in-laws were there, but that turned out to be fun anyway. Not to mention cost-effective. I also baked a (vegan) pie with Erik's mother, and it turns out that she had never made a pie in her life. This gave me an instant "I can too take care of your son" ego.
In San Simeon, just a few miles north of Cambria and home to the lovely and extravagant Hearst Castle, we hiked along a little peninsula and discovered several private boat-access-only coves. We vowed to come back later in the summer and kayak into one of those and camp out on the beach for a weekend. (Step one: learn to kayak.) No tent, just a tarp and mummy-bags. The picture below is Erik and I standing right above our cove of choice. Notice you can't really see it from the trail right there. Perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment