9.17.2004
Wild Horses
Wild Horses.
While listening to that Sundays CD with the freaky looking baby on the front, I realized that, actually, wild horses probably could drag me away from Erik. I'd also get scratched up and break a few bones. Regardless of this physical and maybe even mental vulnerabilty for separation, it was really comforting to know that Erik would find me again, meeting me in the emergency room ICU after the wild horse dragging. We're pushed and pulled in so many different directions, physically, emotionally, etc., but the good news is that if I happen to be walking through some tough times on my own, my sweet husband and I will love each other the whole time and then we'd have the happy reunion of the long distance relationship variety, and rush to tell each other breathless stories with massive run-on sentences and kiss a lot and hold hands even in the car.
Today, I took a shiny new route to work which shaved off about 7-8 minutes from my commute. This makes me ridiculously happy. Granted, there's a highly convenient Peets Coffee and Tea on the way, which in turn adds about 10 minutes. This, too, makes me ridiculously happy.
This weekend, Erik and I are having a big party because in a few days we'll have been married a year! A FUCKING YEAR! I really can't comprehend how this year has flown by, but frankly, if the rest of our lives are like this, we'll get our "seven year itch" around our golden anniversary. I couldn't imagine another life, even now with the distance because then I wouldn't be getting my sweet groggy whispering phone calls while lying in bed in the wee hours of the morning (i.e. 8am).
Yesterday, my coworker John drunk-emailed me back and forth all morning. I'm going to wait until this sentence to tell you he was in the Phillipines for work, raiding the company-funded minibar in the wee hours of his time zone, because a mental image of a bunch of drunken engineers in midday suburban california with an empty minibar in their cubicle is really entertaining.
My very-different-from-me carpool buddy Matt just came back from Cancun, where he was PHOTOGRAPHING SWIMSUIT MODELS FOR A CATALOG. I'm completely serious. No, he didn't have any photography experience before this, and his pictures are actually quite good! And yes, he's bringing his new swimsuit model girlfriend to the party this weekend. Words fail me.
Sweet Jackie is dangerously high on my list of Favoritest People Ever, because while I was away from my desk for a few minutes yesterday, I received four emails from her. The first one informed me that David Sedaris, my dream (gay) man, is coming to town and that we must go. The second, third, and fourth were all about how SHE JUST BOUGHT TICKETS FOR US ALL AND GOT INCREDIBLE SEATS. Jackie, I love you.
See the above three bullets for reasons why I love my job these days. Air delivery systems and thermal control and vibration analysis and alignment just get sweeter by the minute when there are scheduled tea breaks and car rides home and night hikes to look forward to with the best coworkers in the world.
I'm such a fucking sap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment