...with sadness and apathy and a little bit of fear that we re-elected Bush. ...with pity that John Edwards is now totally out of a job! I'd totally hire you! ...with amazement and joy that Donna Frye is doing so well as a write-in candidate in the San Diego mayoral race. Last I checked, she had 35% and the next place person (incumbent) had 33%. A write-in is beating the incumbent. Erik and I have always loved Donna Frye as a city councilmember, and generally turn to her to make sense of vague initiatives (WWDFD?). I heart her so much. Keep an eye on this race! ...with swooning as I witnessed my FightingForDemocracy! husband get home from work last night at 2:30am and walk around the bedroom wearing only his Registrar of Voters polo shirt and clearance badges and boxer briefs. Holy goodness. It's my version of the fireman fantasty. ...with despair, regret, remorse, horror, strife, etc., upon my recent discovery that Guinness, Newcastle, Boddington's, Murphy's, etc all use isinglass, a fish-based gelatin, as a fining agent. I had found out about Guinness, and told my coworker about it. He jokingly said, "I'm so sorry for your loss. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you." So I quickly fired back, "Yes, you can buy me a Newcastle," only to find out that Newcastle also uses dead fish to clarify the stout. I guess I'm stuck drinking expensive Belgian beers, then.
11.03.2004
My heart is breaking...
My heart is breaking...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment