Several points of interest in this picture:
My Ashlee Simpson haircut. Thanks, evil parents. Actually, it's better than the standard bowl-cut featured throughout the rest of the photo album. The flowers are IN MY MOUTH. I think I was asked to smell the flowers for the picture, but clearly I just got carried away. John thinks he could charge people big bucks for grown-up versions of their childhood clothes. I was skeptical, until I unearthed this picture. I would indeed fork it over for an embroidered "Orange" t-shirt. Also, he wants me to stop giving away his ideas on my blog. I didn't have to photoshop it a lick. Old photographs totally have the sweet warm lighting and deep yellow saturation. However, the way I remember it, the whole moment was warm and yellowy and saturated. It's not a trick of the camera or aging photo paper. I love the freeness of my childhood, spent running around fields, splashing in rivers and puddles, picking flowers and weeds and not really considering the difference, and trying to give tiny wilting wildflower bouquets to cows. (Don't ask). Those days were saturated and that makes me want to move out of a city and somewhere beautiful, unscarred, and slow. With a fabulous cafe and preferably a Trader Joes. This is one of two adorable childhood pictures of me. The rest really illustrate my notably-not-cute, awkward childhood. Especially the one of me with short spikey hair, glasses with a white eye-patch sticker over the right lens, hot pink t-shirt, black miniskirt, and RED SHOES riding down the street on my BMX bike. Chances are, that picture will not be shown on the internet. It doesn't really have much in the way of yellow-saturation and warmth.
No comments:
Post a Comment