6.23.2005

Do you want to know a secret, ooh ahh ohh.

Do you want to know a secret, ooh ahh ohh.

Yesterday I found a little note on my chair at work. Sealed in an unmarked envelope, a homemade computer-printed card proclaimed the following:

Hi Julia, I will miss seeing you in the Eng. Dept.
From: Your secret admirer
My favorite part is that they went to all the trouble of typing a note, picking pretty graphics, folding it up, and putting it in an appropriately-sized envelope, but they didn't have time to write out the whole words for engineering department.

Anyway, basically everyone I'm friends with here is now tasked with getting to the bottom of this. Including my boss, who is hoping it's our fun little admin guy who is leaving in a few weeks. I highly doubt it, because if there's anything I've taught him while he's been working with us, it's to properly use an exacto-knife when scoring our CD sleeve edges to make neat folds. The card was not scored.

This sort of thing is totally my favorite mix of flattering and creepy.

No comments: