Yesterday, Erik, the father-in-law, and I went to the National Geographic Warehouse Sale in progress this weekend at the San Diego Convention Center.
If you live even remotely close to San Diego, GO. It ends today. Giant lovely books were $2-10. TWO DOLLARS. We got things like the Best Portraits ($10) and History of Religion ($Can't remember). Also picked up the new hardback World Atlas, for $60. I'm not kidding. This thing sells for $135. It's brand new! In plastic! Free fleece blanket! The thing might go to other cities next, but I don't care. GO. It's a little competitive feeling, since everything is in boxes and piled up and what have you, but how can you be competitive with sweet old geography-wizz ladies and men wearing those little photography field vests with the zippers for film, etc? Honestly, I didn't see any of those vests, but it wouldn't have surprised me if I did. There were in fact selling them, of course.
Details from the San Diego Reader:
National Geographic's Warehouse Sale runs November 25-27 at San Diego Convention Center (111 West Harbor Drive). On offer: globes, watches, books, maps, more. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. 619-525-5000. (Downtown)I totally wasn't paid to write this. But if anyone wants to buy me the little Lomo multi-shutter-release camera they have for sale there, my blogging will not be in vain.
No comments:
Post a Comment