12.13.2005

[LI].

[LI].

  • I'm still here. I'm just knee deep in kitchen.
  • The new guy officially closes and buys our condo in the morning. HALLELUJIAH or however you spell it archaicly. We cleaned our way out of the condo Sunday night. This is a good thing. Thanks be to God and Greased Lightning. (It may be scary and chemicalicious, but dude, they're giving away Vespas on their website, so they get a few treehugger points back). My mum asked me if it was a bittersweet moment, leaving our first home blah blah blah. Meh. Mostly, I just realized that we're kissing goodbye to the easy no-projects, usable kitchen, etc., lifestyle.
  • I think my next door neighbor might be a car thief. I can't really discuss it, especially since I think I'm stealing his wireless right now. Yay.
  • Coworker John and I went trail running at lunch today. I was starting to think that I had all but lost my distance running mojo, but a good trail run was the perfect medicine. John, while I love him to pieces, can also be a completely un-charming tool. But I'm sure that's why I love him to pieces in the first place. If he was just nice all the time, I probably wouldn't hang out with him. Meh, I probably would.
  • Speaking of work, things have been ridiculous and bizarre. I'm sick of the details right now, but I have to say that the ridiculousness has really brought out the best in certain people there. Jackie in particular. She totally stepped up. Dear Jackie, I heart you, and maybe I don't tell you that enough. Heart heart heart. xoxo, Julia.
  • Today, via my dear lovely Katie via the dear-and-lovely-to-some Kotke, I read Annie Proulx's original short story, Brokeback Mountain, you know, that one movie with the hot guys and all the press coverage. The New Yorker put it up online. She has an amazing voice and amazing characters. I choked up towards the end. But I confess, I had an underlying curiousity throughout the whole story, wondering how they're going to do the sex in the movie. I fixate on such trivial matters.
  • I copied the story text into Outlook and acted like I was working on an email, gradually reading a few paragraphs here and there throughout the day. But I'll have you know that it was one of the more productive days of my career. I knocked out a 26 page install guide today like it was butter. BUTTAH. Sorry. These last bullets quickly shifted from literature to gay sex to butter. This will be good for the search engines.
  • How do you make a name that ends in X into a possessive?
  • No rhetoric can change this: intentionally killing someone against their will = murder.
  • No comments: