6.25.2004

Introspective

Introspective.
  • It took me a little too long to warm up to The Postal Service, but all of a sudden, one day, I was in love, and it totally has everything to do with realizing that they sound like a modern day Pet Shop Boys. In a gaudy apartment complex.
  • I'm realizing that our parents would rather us be SCARRED FOR LIFE than spend awkward time with the family watching love/naked scenes. That's all there is to it.
  • I hereby heartily refuse to EVER put those stickers on my car with stick figures correlating to each family member and pet.
  • Speaking of bumper stickers, I also hereby heartily refuse any "My Child is Star of the Month at so-and-so Elemtary" stickers. In fact, to avoid ever disappointing my sweet, genius children when they bring them home and expect their loving, proud mommy to display it on her car, I may just choose a school based solely on whether they hand those stickers out or not.
  • Look, I'm already a horrible mother.
  • We got an invitation to a party near LA this weekend, and the address city and state is listed as "RSV, CA." Sure, go ahead and abbreviate your city if it's something famous. Like NY. or LA. So, tomorrow night, we'll be driving around trying to find Rancho San V-something.
  • My work-boyfriend broke up with me. I know, it's hard. However, now we're just work-friends with work-benefits. And the best part of the situation is that Joel's new lovely girlfriend is slightly threatened/jealous of me (the reason behind the work-break-up) which secretly makes me feel really good.

    Read today's list.
  • No comments: