A Postcard to Yesterday.
A scant 12 hours after I assigned yesterday as a "crummy day," today decided that was a challenge and decided to out-crumb it's predecessor.
Sure, two paychecks (two! we're a two income family again! thank all that is holy!) were deposited in our account overnight, but that doesn't change the fact that I sat at the train-track intersection by my house for ELEVEN MINUTES this morning, and then, as I arrived to work far later than I had hoped to arrive, I tripped over my own feet walking up some concrete steps and fell, looking like a fool and scraping up my leg pretty nicely and nobody will be there to kiss it better for me when I get home. WOE IS ME. (Nicely = gruesomely, by the way.)
I also forgot to brush my hair this morning and am rewarded with a frizzy tangled Amazon-y mess.
Dear yesterday: I was just kidding; you were lovely and not crummy at all.
Dear today: I hate you.
No comments:
Post a Comment