1. my sweet husband
2. my ex-work-boyfriend
3. the ex-work-boyfriend's girlfriend
4. my new work-boyfriend
5. my work girlfriend
6. Craig
10.22.2004
Yes mother, I packed a raincoat.
Yes mother, I packed a raincoat.
Tonight, we're driving out to Anza Borrego Desert to camp and backpack a scosh. I'm so looking forward to time out in the wilderness.
I'm going camping with the following people:
Craig needs a title.
Erik will find out if he's accepted into the Ranger Academy VERY SOON. The academy runs from January through July, so if this all happens, Erik will be running away to Monterrey for six months, and then in July, we could very well be moving somewhere. We could very well end up at one of the many state parks in San Diego county, too, so I'm not really getting excited/anxious or anything just yet.
Someday we might live in a little log cabin amidst beautiful protected wilderness!
Or, we might live near Torrey Pines State Park. Oh, wait, we already do.
I really have no idea why I'm not blogging much lately. It's mostly being busy at work, but that can't be all of it. I can't really finger it. Sad times.
Most of it is that I'm trying not to write about politics. Which, right now, is completely limiting my genre selection to bulleted updates.
Work is good. Very good. I'm totally not being sarcastic, either.
One of Erik's high school friends is staying with us for a month or so. He's a riot. I love him to death, but one of the first things he said to us yesterday was "your neighbors in #335 are ASSHOLES."
Seriously, if you're going to stay with us for free because Erik found you a temporary job to earn enough to pay us back what money you owe us from earlier this year, be courteous to our lovely neighbors, please.
I think he made himself an Old Fashioned last night because he left his glass out with the ingredients. My only thought was, "oooh, those would be good for camping. I should see if I can fit the stuff for Old Fashioneds in my pack."
Tonight, Erik, John and I are driving out later than the rest and meeting them out there. Craig had this swoon-worthy idea of doing a GPS or topo-led night-hike-slash-hide-and-seek. They're going to trek out about a mile from our designated camp, and when we get there, we'll find a compass and a topographic map with their location marked. Then we have to find them. While Erik and I were both lauding this idea last night, and going over some details in our heads, I realized that this is totally a rescue mission waiting to happen.
I called the park HQ to ask questions about getting backcountry permits, and it turns out that we don't need to check in or anything. I couldn't believe this, so I kept asking her more questions. I finally just said, "okay, we'll just tell our mothers where we're going." She laughed and agreed that this was a very good idea. It's in everyone's best interests if I don't tell my mother about the midnight remote desert hide and seek, though. Pesky details.
I'll be back to my dear internet on Monday with pictures and lore, I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment