Jet set.
With my two day work week, this week, I'm a little too busy using every last ounce of concentration to try to maybe think about doing work. Thus, not much blogging. Actually, not much anything.
I will, however, hold you over with a shutterfly album of our Cambria trip for the 4th of July weekend.
Excuse the gratuitous self-portraiture and jolly pictures of Erik. Also, note that I'm running again! I've probably logged 30 miles in the last four weeks, whereas the last few weeks of May I was logging 30 miles a week. It's feeling so great to be getting back into it, and, especially, to not have a training schedule and plan. I can run hills WHENEVER I WANT. None of this every-other-monday-only shit.
Also, please note the Prius performance. Hot damn.
Tomorrow I'm heading out solo to New York and, apparently, there's a good chance our room will overlook the Statue of Liberty. I'm ridiculously excited and, at the same time, totally underwhelmed by my wardrobe. I'm not surprised that New York has this effect on me before I even get there. I started a super secret yet-to-be-unveiled Flickr page a few weeks ago, and once I upload some NYC pictures, I'll post the link and share the vertical city loveliness.
In other news, since a lot of people have been asking, I don't have any relatives in London, or that were visiting London at the time of the attacks this morning. We do, however, have some dear friends that live in the city. We have yet to hear from them, but chances are they were working on a film until 4 in the morning and were sound asleep and nowhere near public transit when the explosions took place. The news hit incredibly and surprisingly close to home for me. I didn't think I was still so emotionally tied to my motherland.
We are in the midst of a really strange and really sad world war.
No comments:
Post a Comment