8.06.2005

Drunkblogging.

Drunkblogging

Tonight, after going to a newly-acquainted coworker's party WHEREIN HE MIRACULOUSLY MADE TWO EARRINGS APPEAR, we went to my sweet Casbah to see West Indian Girl and Turin Brakes.

I might have suggested that my coworker might have had less-than-honorable intentions with your kind and innocent blogger here, but that was all debunked the second he snuck away to his bedroom only to bring back a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) textbook to show off to Erik. Hey, I'm right here! Pay attention to ME! Both of you! Anyway. After things got wild and crazy with the geography textbooks, we had to rush away, but got there right as West Indian Girl was wrapping up.

Turin Brakes was fantastic. We're long time fans, and it was pretty incredible to see them in such a divey small shack of a venue. My ears are still ringing. And so is my body, thanks to the Korean saki I donated to my coworker's house but then drank 1/3 of myself. Mmm, rubbing alcohol. Anyway, this paragraph lets me off the hook for any uncomfortable sentence structure, spellings, or word choices included in this drunkpost.

So, tomorrow, I'm going to dedicate at least an hour's worth of our drive to the Long Beach ferry terminal to West Indian Girl, since we missed their set. And then we're off to Catalina for a long weekend of napping in the sun, pretending to kayak, and hiking as far as we can go. The in-laws will be there, including my sister-in-law's new-ish boyfriend who is about to be shipped off to Iraq. All I know is that he's younger than me but was quoting Star Trek when I first met him, and even though I've never really watched a full Star Trek episode in my life, he totally won me over right then.

See you all soon. Must briefly sleep and detox.

No comments: