Today is our two year wedding anniversary. It's been kind of a remarkable day, what with our house closing in the morning and two of our really close and sweet and lovely friends finding out that they're finally pregnant. Yay! But, you know. The usual.
September 20th, 2003
Two years. They flew by. It hasn't even really occured to me that we don't have our pictures organized in an album (but damn it, I coded them into a gallery!), nor did I ever unbustle or clean my dress, nor did we ever eat the top of our cake. I actually have no idea what happened to the top of the cake. To all of the cake in fact. I know that the baker cashed our deposit check a few months after the wedding, so I'm not sure what that means.
These things really don't matter, and dude, if we haven't done them yet, we're clearly not going to do them ever. Dress preservation and aging cakes are so overrated anyway.
Yesterday, as we were running late (my fault) to meet the realtor for the walk-through, I said to Erik, "I am pleased that you're my husband. Are you pleased that I'm your wife?" He nodded, and then slammed on the brakes as we hit a traffic jam. Then I said, "...Even when I make you late?" [pause, silence]. "I mean, even though I make you late?"
I am indeed pleased. With Erik, sometimes it feels like there aren't even any little things to be all "even though" about.
I totally scored.
No comments:
Post a Comment