This weekend I went to Maui. I know, I know. I really do have a rough life. The best part is that my trip was pretty much all paid for, as I was asked to be on music staff for a retreat out there. I went without Erik (gasp!), which was such sad times, but, and you didn't hear this from me, kind of nice to get a bed to myself for once.
Four and a half days later, the persistent heat and humidity did not in fact end up being a four-and-a-half-day facial and instead made me ripe for biting. I am covered in mosquito bites. I spent most of my time a little bit inland, just outside of the great town of Haiku. It felt like a jungle.
I am also dead tired. Somehow, I had the bright idea of coming straight to work after a redeye flight. Please allow this to also explain my haphazard sentence structure. I do have a lot of pictures, but, because I came straight to work, they are still stuck on the camera. The ones in this post are cameraphoney.
Side note: here's where I totally had to explain my penchant for group and solo self portraiture, especially because there were always plenty of idle people standing around able and willing to take pictures. I guess I take for granted the fact that Erik is immune to my "art projects" and/or the people I spend most of my time with are a little more understanding of the blogging/self-portraiture culture.
Also upcoming, after a little work and sleep: details and pictures of my sweet ex-work-boyfriend's rowdy Jewish wedding in Mexico. Remember, dear reader, the days of Joel the work-boyfriend who work-broke-up with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment