12.21.2004

Well, the English accent has faded again...

Well, the English accent has faded again...
...All thanks to about a half hour of pure Drop Dead Gorgeous quotations in my best Minnesotan Amber Atkins voice at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport on Monday night. But It was totally strong the whole week. I literally couldn't speak in an American accent, not even to my husband. It was a little freaky, but hey.

We had an incredible time. I'm sorry that my guest blogger didn't work out, because she really is up there on my All Time Wittiest People list. I think this is the third time I've promised a guest blogger with it not working out, so next time I'm just going to stop promising and let you be pleasantly surprised. However, Tamara had saved a bunch of the things she had written to post and I'm totally going to have her post them later. And continue with my evil scheme to get her to start her own blog. MUAHAHAHAHAHA. Cue sinister dark lightening-flash-lit castle pictures with bats. Cue evil organ music.

The trip was nothing short of incredible. Funny that I used the word "short" in that last sentence, because that was the downfall. I'm going to space out my stories though so as to take full advantage of all this new blog fodder.

Until then, a few pictures to hold you over. The first two are from the Lake District. One is some lake or other. Loweswater? I can't remember, but Erik took the picture. Not only is he cute and sweet, he's also apparantly a demon with the digicam. Who knew? The second is at Egremont Castle, also taken by Erik. The last is the sun setting (at like 3pm) over Buckingham Palace on what was a beautiful and surreal sunny winters day in London.





No comments: