Work highlights.
Last week, I joked to my coworker Craig that one of my product managers had called 8:30am meetings all of this week, and that I'm usually barely brushing my teeth by 8:30 on a workday. Isn't there some rule about not calling meetings before 9am? We decided that maybe I should show up in slippers with a toothbrush, and brush away during the meeting, spitting in the conference room trashcan.
Today, he walked past the open conference room door during said 8:30am meeting making toothbrushing motions. I about lost it.
Also in said 8:30am meeting, this sweet drafter (who sits on the other side of the cubicle wall to Jackie and I and therefore knows pretty much everything about us) just OUT OF THE BLUE turned to me with an array of colored highlighters and a huge grin on his face, and said, "want a highlighter?" It was great. We went on to talk about spicing up your highlighting or post-it-noting or tape-flagging with varying colors, and that I only really have yellow highlighters, which get monotonally depressing. I didn't bring up the time I traded my only green highlighter for my friend John's pink highlighter but ended up walking downstairs with a green highlighter and some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from the upstairs vending machine, but walking back upstairs empty handed. How John convinced me that not only should I give him the peanut butter cups and the green highlighter, but that I should also let him keep the pink highlighter, I'm not really sure. Long story short, I'm a monotonal highlight-er because I'm a sucker.
After the meeting, I had to talk to someone else briefly before returning to my desk, but when I got there, my highlighter-comrade had left me not only a shiny new pink highlighter, but also an equally shiny new blue highlighter. Definitely the pink and blue highlights of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment