Hits and Misses.
Hits and MissesMissesThose aluminum foil leftover containers with the cardboard circle lid. I hate getting ready to microwave my leftovers at work and then realizing that I'm going to have to scrounge up a plate somewhere. Seriously, who doesn't microwave their leftovers? Especially if the leftovers are curry. All I found was a little 3.5" diameter paper cake plate, so I'm eating my lunch in phases.
Bridesmaid dresses. A few months ago, I forked over $200 for some polyester. Today, I forked over another $60 for alterations. It would have been $30, but the highly considerate bridesmaid dress manufacturer built in cups in the bodice, and had a zipper at a very key seam. It will never fit me right because of this, and I also get to pay more for it to never fit me right. Yay!
Redeye flights. Interestingly, I'm not sure why it's called a redeye, and it makes my eyes itch so I'm going to start calling it an overnight flight. Regardless, they are still suboptimal. And I'm going on one tonight.
My knees. I'm currently on the DL for just a few more days. Saturday, I ran 14 glorious, hot miles, and my knees started feeling a little annoying around mile 11. After some prompting from our coach, I decided to just cross-train (swim) until Wednesday, and then run very gently for the rest of the week. After some prompting from my cozy bed at 6am, I haven't cross-trained yet, but I will tonight. Tomorrow, in Syracuse, I'll run a wee bit, and then Saturday do a 7 mile recovery. Next Saturday is 15 miles. I'm not really afraid of taking a week off here and there, but I'm going crazy not running every day or so. Who am I?! What have I become?!
Words like "gently" that don't adverb comfortably. Gentily?
Hits
Sweet baby Grace, of course. Easter morning, after her parents asked us to be godparents of Grace's soon-to-be-born sibling, and after we had some back and forth of We're so honored! No we're honored! No we're honored!, Grace then started repeating us. "honored! honored! honored!" Although it sounded more like "oh-nod." Sarah, and her wonderful husband Scott constantly teach me so much about being married, about raising children, about being Christian, and about being a good and authentic human being. I am indeed oh-nod that they think I have something to offer back to their children.
My priest's Easter Vigil sermon urging us to embrace all people into the church. He spelled this out for us: gays, lesbians, bisexuals. We need to be raceless and classless. And not just tolerant. WWJD.
Ellie's Tailor in Rancho Bernardo/San Diego. Because they're fixing the awful bridesmaid dress and the seamstress provided adequate commiseration. That's all I needed.
My boss. I honestly don't know how I'll ever work for anyone else.
Makeup Alley. Good grief, I'm addicted. I'm curious as to why I'm wasting hours reading reviews for products I'm already using. Validation? Affirmation? I don't know. Also, be sure to read their highly entertaining snarks on the Clinique Three-Step System. And the likewise highly entertaining and convincing household good products in the Unlisted Brand section. Asprin? Milk of Magnesia? Apple Cider Vinegar? On my face?
Matt Grace and Will Sansbury, my dream team guest bloggers who will grace you with their presence while I'm gone the rest of the week. I just gave them my own log-in and password, because I'm tired of promising you guest bloggers and not delivering due to technical difficulties/inadequate prep. So if you see radical template changes or subtle edits of my archived posts, you know who to blame.
Having more hits than misses.
No comments:
Post a Comment