3.08.2005

Trouble

Trouble, thy name is Julia.

Listen.

Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" was my Song Of The Day yesterday. You know the type, where you listen to it non-stop one day in complete adoration, planning out mix-CDs revolving around it, etc, but maybe the next day it doesn't really hold the same value. It's like I had a one night stand with Ray LaMontagne (yum) and woke up, rolled over, and wondered what on earth he was doing sleeping next to me. Don't get me wrong, it's still a fabulous song, and the whole album is so lovely and romantic and perfect for driving home on a sunny day. Maybe I overplayed it and forced it into a morning-after-guilt quarantine.

Or maybe I'm just having a hard time understanding him. Is the woman saving him or driving him completely mad? Both? If so, I'm pretty sure I've been that woman. I guess that explains my love-hate relationship with the song. It's about me and I'm not happy to admit that.

So listen to the song, wear protection, and tomorrow let's post as if it never happened, okay?

No comments: