Because it's Cop-Out Week here at my blog, what with the posting about the weather and all, I'm going to continue with that theme and post something I wrote in an email to someone else. Sorry, I know. But there's a math problem at the end! Join in!
i'm stupid. let's say you had something that once cost $40.19 to print, and then all of a sudden cost $226. how would you figure out the percentage price hike? get the difference between the costs and then divide that by the higher #?Anyone who gives me the right answer gets to share my undying math love with Tom Langley and my coworker, the email recipient, who quickly fired back the formula and is almost as cute as Tom Langley but doesn't hold regular office hours or anything exciting.
can we also state for the record that my grades for three semesters of science-major calculus in university were A, A+, and A. i feel i need to redeem myself.
let's not state for the record that i had a crush on my TA Tom Langley and that's why i tried so hard to get good grades.
I figured out the answer, of course, but math is fun and I know you all want to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment