11.07.2006

Sisters.

Sisters.

Tonight was girls' night. It had been a while for this particular group of girls as a whole, but everyone made it out, and we picked right up where we left off a few months back. We're all in somewhat different stages of our lives, so the conversation managed to cover it all from dating to toddlers. We fixated quite a bit on relationships, and someone noted that the best part of this is that we're all really close friends with each others' husbands or boyfriends (well, with one teeny exception which NEEDS TO CHANGE damn it). I think that makes us all so tightly knit. And at one point, sweet Karen and I both noted that we're both the other's oldest friend. A moment after we hit that point in the conversation, I realized how much more important it was than it sounded. And even now, it feels even still more important. I met Karen my first year in high school, after two years of living in America. It's so bizarre to think of everything we got each other through.

I have a sister. She's just under two years older than me, and we never fight or anything. It's just that we're not close - it can feel like acquaintances sometimes - but we always have fun when we're together. Tonight, I realized that is totally okay. These girls tonight are my sisters, just as much as Gillian is my sister. Just for different reasons.

Also, there was vegan chocolate cake. It was indeed a swoonful evening.

No comments: