1.21.2005

Best Kiss.

Best Kiss

I was just thinking about the best kiss I can remember, and because I spent upwards of a month trying to kiss Erik while he repeatedly squirmed away, my first real kisses with Erik weren't necessarily text-book great. Sure, there were butterflies and potential and crushes and the the beginnings of the best love I've ever had, but Memorable-Oh-My-God-That-Was-Just-An-Amazing-Kiss-wise? I don't know. It's a whole other emotion-less category. "Best Kiss" is one of those kisses that throws you off, and rather than keep making out and um, progressing, you're more likely to stop for a moment to think to yourself, "Dude. That was a great kiss." It doesn't necessarily depend on love, but a deep relationship definitely helps already-lovely lips taste that much better.

The best one I can think of was late summer, 2000, with an ex-boyfriend. He was an ex at the time. We had broken up that spring after over two years of being together. Our physical relationship tapered quite lacklusterly in those waning last months. A few months later, we hung out and kissed. I think the combination of something so familiar -- the softness of his lips, the way he offered his lower lip just a little bit to be tugged, and a companion I had known so, so well -- combined with the unknown and the absense, made the kiss stop me in my tracks.

I've written about this before, but we tried to stay together for a few more weeks after that kiss. It didn't work out at all. Sure, he's a phenomenal make-up kisser, but that doesn't pay the bills.

So, what was your very best kiss? It's time to kiss and tell. Names, of course, may be changed to protect the guilty.

No comments: