1.12.2005
Surely, I'm on crack.
Surely, I'm on crack.
Last night, I almost pulled an all-nighter, except for an oh-so-collegiate 2:30-4:30am nap. In and of itself, that's not so bad.
However, around 7:15am this morning, as I packed up the computer, my running tights caught my eye hanging in the guest bathroom. So of course, I put them on and went running. When I only got 2 hideous hours of sleep. When I didn't even finish all the work I was trying to finish. When 7:15 is really late for me to even start getting showered, much less start a run.
One of my most favoritest and dearest friends, Kathryn, called me out of the blue yesterday, moments after I finished telling my coworker a story about something that happened to us during college. She's such an easy friend and she's moving back here. !!. Only for a few months, but I'm so happy nonetheless.
So, back in college, Kathryn was over at my apartment, and we ate dinner with my boyfriend and one of his friends. Around the coffee table, of course. As we were all cleaning the dishes, I just did my usual wash-then-place-in-drying-rack routine. Kathy stopped in her tracks. "Don't you rinse??" I suddenly realized that no, I guess I don't rinse. I insisted that my mother did her dishes this way, and I just copied her. [Before you make fun, since that very moment, I've rinsed all my dishes.] A few months later, Kathy and I were at my parents house, and my mother was, sure enough, doing dishes. And rinsing. And insisting that she never taught me not to rinse. Traitor.
John thinks that not rinsing your dishes is very English, and apparantly he has stats on this. Or something. Therefore my mother has not only betrayed her loving daughter who has provided her with the pure joy of motherhood for some twenty-five years now, but she has also betrayed the homeland and the Queen.
Last night, before Erik went to bed, he brought me a plate of delicious foods. I caught you a delicious bass! Instead of bass, it was truffles, candied ginger, pistachios, macadamia nuts, a delicious almond-butter with dark chocolate, some pita bread, and peeled and segmented tangerines with the pips all cut out. Consider this a giant "FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION" splashed over the bottom of the movie screen for the Best Husband Ever award. He got lots of tangerine-flavored kisses.
I know I've departed from the "surely I'm on crack" subject line, but this might count: tonight, in addition to attending a local Society of Technical Communicators meeting (meh.), I also have to finish calligraphing all of my sister's wedding invitations. All while catching up on Lost and Alias, because, clearly, I can't show my face on the internet tomorrow without having watched either episode.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment