10.21.2008

Songs for a Blue Guitar.

Songs for a Blue Guitar.

Yeah, it looks like I'm going to talk about something I never talk about on here: music. Today, I dusted off Red House Painters' "Songs for a Blue Guitar," which I have to say, is probably one of the best albums ever made. As the first strums fired up in the first song, "Have you Forgotten," I felt this really amazing warmth and familiarity, a good and faithful old friend.



I also then remembered blogging about the song something like five years ago. A few days ago, in the Iron and Wine Trapeze Swinger post, I told you the only other time I posted lyrics in full on this blog was for another Iron and Wine song. Well, I was wrong, and I just wanted to own that.

I suppose if there's anything to rival Iron and Wine's imagined lyrical sovereignty on here, it might as well be something from Songs for a Blue Guitar.

No comments: