The day was fantastic. While much of it was riddled with a) "FUCK, it's hot," and b) "FUCK, i wish we had been here yesterday," it was still an amazing experience.
And here it is.
So, it turns out that this is a giant fallen chandelier. I just noticed (with some prompting) that it has those little crystals and a CHAIN. Giant bugs with flagella do not have chains.
The lovely boys of Hybrid. It turns out that it was hotter in the tent.
Sweet Stuart The Scot. From Belle & Sebastian.
I love how the Radiohead bear is talking in Japanese.
Julia and Erik, in front of the main stage. And thank all that is holy, the sun is weakening.
Belle & Sebastian. My coworker (who went) asked me today, "what is up with them?" Excellent.
The main stage at sunset.
Air. You know, the FRENCH band. Who needs to turn on their lights or something. Also, this was mere moments after SETH COHEN walked by.
B.R.M.C. They had some bass malfunctions, so they started to do some acoustic stuff! Erik yelled out for some Jesus and Mary Chain songs.
And this is as close to The Flaming Lips as I could get. The singer had a dream that he "descended upon Coachella in a giant bubble." So of course, being The Flaming Lips and all, he decided to do just that. He rolled around in the crowd in a giant plastic hamster ball. Also, the costumed people on stage are creepy.
We seemed to spend a lot of time in the techno tent. GOOD TIMES. These pictures are all during Ferry Corsten or Paul Van Dyk. They all sound the same to me.
And I'm pretty sure this is Robert Smith, looking quite haggard, on the screens. Haggard aside, he was excellent. I was impressed. I think people might have wept and wiped their tears from their pale faces with their black t-shirts.
This is about as close as we could get for The Cure.
Yeah, enough of The Cure. Back to the techno tent for Paul Van Dyk.
This is Erik glowing in the green laser light. I was actually trying to get a picture of the guy dancing in his tighty whiteys, but he looked my way and I felt voyeuristic and embarassed. So instead of a sweaty, dancing stranger in tighty whiteys, this is what Erik looks like reeeeeeally close up.
Green lasers...
...blue...
...and red. Nothing says you've made it in the techno world like having your name in laser projections.
Interesting image
And finally, Ash. The guitarist really rocked out. She was inspiring and looked delightfully indie rock with her shaggy hair and black dress. And I'm sure she was either wearing flats or no shoes at all.
And with that, we sat around for another HOUR waiting for my brother-in-law's friend to show up. And she never did. So then we sat in the car for several more hours trying to get out of the parking lot. We finally stumbled home around 4:45am, slept for a few hours, and then grabbed a 3x latte and put in a full day's work. And I'd do it all over again this Sunday if I could. In a heartbeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment