5.06.2004

Goo.
Every day this week, the following dilemma has presented itself to me: a) wash out my mug and have coffee, or b) don't wash out the mug and forgo coffee.

And every day this week, I've opted to not wash out my mug and not have coffee. After only one day's worth of leftover cold coffee, my inner procrastinator bursts from the throngs of my psyche. If I'd just wash out the damn cup as soon as I finish drinking, we would never enter this downward slope towards hardened coffee goo lining the bottom of the cup. But no. In my mug right now is leftover cold coffee from Friday. Said leftover cold coffee was well on it's way to hardened goo by Monday morning. Procrastination was inevitable and began the moment I left my desk on Friday afternoon, glancing briefly at the cup and thinking, "oh, damn, I'd better clean that out first thing Monday" and the next layer of somewhat-consciousness was thinking, "first thing Monday my ass, Julia."

So I just had to scrape six days' worth of hardened, disgusting coffee goo from the bottom of my mug USING A PAPER TOWEL AND HAND SOAP. And the free office coffee I just drank was nowhere near worth it.

And I'm totally not going to clean out the cup when I'm done, either.

No comments: