4.04.2005

Home and Dry.

Home and dry.

I'm back on the left and feeling slightly warmer, and much sleepier. It's a tough gig combining jet lag with a time difference, daylight savings, and not really sleeping all that much anyway due to good times.

We stayed at a beautiful, beautiful camp nestled upon the banks of a massive lake, which was mostly frozen. I have never before beholden a sight like a completely frozen lake. Beautiful. I'd tell you which lake it was, but then you might know which camp it was, and then you'd tell them that late one night, we smuggled a flask of banana liquor into the church camp dining hall and mixed it with Generic Camp Punch.

Sunday morning, I tried to run a little in the pouring rain just outside our airport hotel on the runway of the Syracuse airport. I could really only figure out a 3/4 mile loop, so I just kept running that, over and over again. The rain was heavy and freezing cold. Combined with the utter boredom at running such an unscenic and redundant route alone, I was completely out of it. I kept my mind busy trying to avoid the prolific worm population with my feet.

At the unnamed alcohol-forbidden camp on the unnamed mostly-frozen lake:


I was very pleased to tick off another state on my List Of States Visited Not Counting Airports with such hilarious, wonderful people and gorgeous, winterous landscape. But then Erik picked me up from the airport in shorts and sandals and I was equally pleased to be home.

No comments: