4.11.2005

She always was the tall and skinny one.

She always was the tall and skinny one.

My love for Napoleon Dynamite quotes aside, another reason for changing my banner this month was in homage to my sister. She got married this weekend, and I thought the picture of us fighting was totally appropriate to celebrate this occasion.

I'm sure more pictures will trickle in as everyone starts to upload (OH MY GOD THERE WERE SO MANY FREAKING DIGITAL CAMERAS), but I present to you a brief photo essay. And I also present to you my need to cut my hair.

Once upon a time, there was an older taller skinnier sister and a younger shorter sister with a bell-ay (which she has grown to love):



One day, Julia looked cuter than Gillian and a camera happened to capture this rare event, so that picture is her favorite of all childhood pictures ever. Sisterhood is totally a competitive sport.



The girls had a magical childhood in a lovely place (with a convenient photographer-dad).



And when their baby brother was born, he didn't cause too much damage and just ended up being one of the girls with his very own My Little Pony and total agreement to play house with his legos, instead of building the cars/spaceships/etc that the boxes instructed him to build. Future effects of this on the brother are yet to be noted.



Then, they grew up and went to high school where they actually went entire days without talking. Including when they shared a room. Yeah, no pictures of those happy times.

Then, they go and get all married and crap.





And one of them gets very drunk and ignores her body saying "dude, back off. I ran 14 miles for you this morning and all I get is a few vegetables, some bread, tequila shots, and hours straight standing around in high heels?" Note the happy-tired face.



One sister got to go to Jamaica, and the one with the belly got to go to work. The end.

No comments: