Accomplishedish.
Today, I walked a whopping 2.5 miles to get to playgroup in the blistering November heat (no really, it was actually an unseasonably hot day) (and honestly, we shouldn't say things like "unseasonably" in San Diego unless there's sea level snow, because anything is possible at any time). I pushed 21 lbs of Ollie in the joggling stroller along with what seamed like 800 lbs of blankets, diapers, toys, and water in the diaper bag. I felt so bad ass when I got there, like, Hah! I don't need fossil fuels! I'll brave the uneven sidewalks! I'll walk in a car-obsessed city! Hah! I was pretty bad ass.
Until two other moms showed up, having walked the same distance wearing flip flops. Hah! Ha ha. I think they also might have been drinking coffee, when I was calculatedly hydrating for the Long Walk in the Heat.
Important side note: Every time I say "Hah!" I think of what is one of my favorite episodes of This American Life, the live clip show about TV. They have the guy who's the PC on those Mac commercials, and he tells a story that involves lots of awkward "Hah!"ing. And I also think of ex-coworker and ex-work-boyfriend Joel who said Hah! whenever he thwarted anyone's offensive driving. But today's usage was definitely more the "they should pay you in flights!" "hah!"ing. Please tell me you've heard that episode. It's life-changing.
Tomorrow, I think I'll just drive around. Hah.
No comments:
Post a Comment