11.14.2007

Freaks and Geeks.

Freaks and Geeks.

Maybe someone else out there got as excited as me in last night's episode of Bones when none other than SAM WEIR from Freaks and Geeks showed up as some sort of counselor for Bones and Booth. And! He's attractive! In an awkward, post-geek way. I actually lifted my arms in the air like it was some sort of personal victory to have all my worlds collide like that. Bones! Freaks and Geeks! Plot devices to exacerbate the sexual tension between Booth and Bones!

But wait! There's more! I continued to watch television, since it had served me so well that hour and I was idly making a necklace and a toy in my sweatshop. I honestly can't remember the name of this show, but it has William Shatner and James Spader. Boston Legal? It's a Practice spin-off. Anyway, I don't really know the details of the plot, but at one point I suddenly looked up to see COACH FREDRICKS defending himself in a racism case. Two classic Coach Fredricks episodes: the one with the sex ed (oh dude, when Sam goes into his office and you just see them cracking up over and over again), and the one where he dates Bill's mom. (Now that was a Serious Issue Tackled By A Comedy Successfully. I wish I could say the same for the episode where Neil finds solace in ventriloquism.)

Within an hour, two F&G shout outs! I almost want to watch the whole season start-to-finish again. I'd even include the ventriloquism episode.

No comments: