11.19.2007

ExtaVeganZa.

ExtraVeganZa.

I know I mentioned this book a little while ago, but I need to revisit and make you all buy it too. Holy goodness, it's probably my favorite cookbook now. And! It's not an organic farm in Phoenix. It's Phoenix Organic Farm in Victoria, BC. Canada! I knew it! And they have a bed & breakfast!

.

So far, the only recipe in there I've tried which didn't work out was my Super Salty Yeasty bread, but I think there might have been a typo in my freebie advance copy, calling for two tablespoons of yeast instead of a more likely two teaspoon? Maybe? Another culprit might be that I used mostly whole wheat flour with only a 1/4 cup or so of spelt, when the recipe (and almost all other flour recipes in the book) called for entirely whole spelt flour.

Last night, I made their lemon poppyseed zucchini loaf, which is amazing. No sugar! No soy! oh, and vegan. !. It is absolutely delicious and still totally sweet and naughty loaf-tasting. Perfect consistency. I didn't really have enough poppyseeds because I used them all on the Pear Cardamom Muffins from the same book last weekend, but poppyseeds just get stuck in my teeth so I don't really mind the lack. Mmm, lemony zucchini-y deliciousness. Extra! Vegan! Za! That's how I say it, FYI.

No comments: