11.01.2007

Sitting Duck.

Sitting Duck.

Ollie in one of two Halloween costumes this week. The other was Linus, complete with a blue blanket and "WELCOME GREAT PUMPKIN" sign. Granted, it wasn't as cute as the giant fluffy duck suit. Ahh, polyester.



Quack. Eventually he just got used to it. I guess that's the good(ish) thing about being 6 months old. You really don't have a baseline for what experiences are normal, and what experiences are just your parents being cruel. I think Oliver just rolled his little eyes and thought that fluffy duck costumes were just another thing he's going to have to tolerate in this awful world. That could almost sound depressing, but come on. Duck costumes! It could be worse!


with his little buddy, Sage, totally not impressed with each other:


he fell sideways, really slowly on account of all the extra padding. And we just let him fall, partly because he had his padded duck head gear on, and partly because he was going so slow. And also, he was landing on that bunny anyway. And also also, it was hilarious to see this fluffy duck tilt so gradually off to the side. Ollie thought it was funny, too, thankfully.


In other news, it's November again, so it looks like I'm going to try to do the blog-every-day-thing. We'll see how I do. Last year I failed, but it wasn't that sad of a failure. I think I managed to blog most days. It's after midnight, but I'm going to postdate this post to say Thursday 11/1, because it doesn't count as a new day until I sleep.

No comments: